Vegetarian Breakfast Recipes and Menu Ideas


Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. On a nice lazy Saturday, or Sunday, and seemed to cook a nice brunch for all. Since I became a vegan / vegetarian due to food allergies, I had to rearrange your menus and repeat my favorite recipes. These recipes are so quick and easy, and they are all very tasty.

Here is the typical items you can include in your vegetarian / vegan breakfast menu:
Hash Browns
chocolate pancakes
very berry oatmeal
a variety of fresh fruits
Revised biscuit recipe
juice
soy or almond milk

Do not forget, you can make several types of baked breakfast items by substituting soy milk or almond milk. I do this often when I make a biscuit.

When I make a hash brown, I do not peel my potatoes. I have a little scrub brush that is used only for food, and I thoroughly fries with that. Then I shred them. I mix in a little olive oil, salt and pepper and that's it. I made a vegetable version before with some rosemary and oregano added. It was very tasty. Then, heat a little vegetable oil in a pan and put a few piles of potato pieces in a circle. You can see the bottoms start to brown, then take the scoop and flip them over.

for chocolate pancakes here's my prescription:

1 C all purpose flour
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 C soy or almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 Tbs margarine
2 oz 100% cocoa

1 In a bowl, I mixed the first three ingredients.

2nd In another small bowl, put the butter and chocolate pieces. Melt margarine and cocoa together, then stir until smooth.
3rd Add milk, margarine mixture, oil and vanilla extract and mix until all incorporated, but still a little drunk.
4th Then I cook them in lightly greased or buttered pan.

Oatmeal is such a simple breakfast. I bought a huge tub of instant 1 minute quick cook oatmeal. I never measure anything out, I just add whatever I want on my hearts content. I pour some cereal into my bowl, add a little salt, a little sweetener and my choice to top off with fresh or frozen fruit, and a little cinnamon. Then I pour in some soy or almond milk until the granules are covered. Then I microwave a bowl for about 2 minutes. I take it out, stir, and I have a delicious nutritious meal in about 3 minutes from start to finish!

0 comments: